View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Would you be willing to name your horses?

[ QUOTE ]
btw my honest opinion of why bax/sheets stakes bad players. I want to preface this with that this is totally opinion and therefore should be take with a grain salt:
They stake players that are small winners online, and back them in WPT's etc or whatever the hell else the backee would do. Most of these players are certainly -EV in these tournaments but the reason they're backed in them is to create a giant makeup hole. The whole concept of being staked by bax/sheets is that you should never be able to leave once you're in. This way they have an increasingly larger and larger team of players. I also think one of the important side reasons of this is because Bax really really really likes the notoriety and popularity. He really enjoys everyone knowing who he is and that he's a "someone" in the poker world. Its much more of a +glory thing then +$$$ to me.
/end rant

PS. from everything i've heard and from his online persona, I'm sure sheets is a great guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I need a full list of Bax players, cuz it seems that most are pretty good MTT players and a lot are pretty big winners. I don't know about the creating a giant makeup thing, that doesn't make any sense to me, I don't want my players getting stuck tons in makeup, that would be money I'm losing, but obv hopeful to get back if they keep playing/dig out of it. I don't know about the Bax glory thing, he came off as a real nice/genuine guy to me in Vegas.

and about being -ev in mtts, I would think just about all bax players are +ev in most live events