View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys

thanks for all the replies to this thread. i think it was a huge success. some really interesting stuff. i'm convinced about a lot of the stuff i misplayed (that 88 hand--easy betfold, im just in "heads up" mode sometimes where i never betfold; a few other hansd too), but some of the stuff im not yet convinced (the AK hand, although i was results oriented at the time, it's a pretty standard correct calldown in retrospect)

anyways i dont know what the deal is but i'm gonna try to do a video once every couple weeks or so, or at least once a month. would it be more useful for me to do it at lower limits, like say 10/20 where the competition is a bit (much) softer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the video was so interesting because you were playing 30/60 and were played back at a bunch. Posting a video where you are playing at meaningful stakes against tougher competition will be much better than posting one where you play lower. In fact, I would love to see a video where you or someone else plays higher.

I am encouraged by how much interest this video received and maybe it can motivate the rest of us to post some or at least make them and share them with a selected group. I am pretty sure I put one up a few years back when everyone was doing it and the responses were minimal. I doubt that was because I played so well. BTW, I applaud you for doing this. Opening yourself up for the criticism and taking it like a man is impressive.

As far as the AK hand, I think we can agree to diasagree. Like I said in my post, I almost always play it the way you did and at lower stakes like 10/20 I think a straight calldown is better but not in this game with this board with this villian.