View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Should I hate myself for c/c\'ing the whole way?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could tell us your plan for the rest of the hand after you CR the flop. What are you hoping to acclomplish?

BTW, nice meeting you last night. Congrats on the solid score.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea i try and get to fancy it seems sometimes. Well i think everyone is right and the best way to play is as a WA/WB situation, but i think it does change when you have a read on the player and C/C might not be the best line. And even if you did C/R this flop most people i see, don't fold a medium/big PP on this flop, especially with the flush draw.

Oh nice meeting you surf, I guess i did play with you one time before in a MM game. I had you pegged as a rock, but you were probably were just card dead heh. Did you change to my table? it calmed down a bit but there was one player worth staying for.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right that they don't fold on the flop. They often peel to save face and then fold on the turn. I am not advocating never CRing this flop. It is just not the best play IMO in this particular spot given the villian's description. Now, if the game was shorthanded or there was a lot of posturing and hands played against this villian then I would CR the flop not infrequently since I will also be doing it sometimes without an ace especially if I feel my opponent is folding too many turns and exploitable.

As far as your other questions, I didn't swtich games. I went on a mini 1.5 rack rush and decided to head to the cage and go mess around with a friend/student of mine that was playing 4/8.

I have historically played on the tighter side of TAG so it doesn't surprise me that you thought I was a rock if I got no hands. I think at this point I am trying to play too many hands and my isolation raises and steals are probably pushing the envelope of what is profitable. I sometimes miss my old discipline but still think that when the hands aren't coming it is then the real test to keep folding and avoid playing hands that you know are unprofitable and foldable in the first orbit of your session. Sometimes when sitting with mike we make side bets on who can fold the most. This would seem like a ++EV bet for me but that dude can fold with the best of them. He actually had the nerve to tell me today that I need to tighten up preflop. Hehe, that was a good one.

I don't know what "MM" means BTW.