View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: $50NL, what\'s the worst hand you call with here?

Here is how the hand went down:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.80
<u>Hero (BB): $50.00</u>
<u>UTG: $73.40</u>
BTN: $30.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.25</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $73.40</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls all-in for $42.75
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to UTG

Flop: ($102) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Turn: ($102) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($102) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $102.00 ($2 Rake)

UTG had 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Fours) and LOST (-$50.00)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$50.00)

Basically, because it was the first hand, I thought there was a good chance that the raiser was just a maniac. If it were instead the second hand of the session, and villain didn't go all in on the first hand, I wouldn't make this play. Also, if it were 6 handed I'd be much more hesitant to call with JJ.