View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Are large weddings worth the money?

[ QUOTE ]

Our attitude was that there are a limited number of times in life where you will have the opportunity to bring all of your family and friends together for a day. We wanted to make the day as enjoyable and memorable for them as possible.

Many people say that weddings are "for the bride". However, our attitude was that our wedding was really for our family and friends. We wanted to do something nice for all of the people we care about.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think perhaps the people who don't understand spending money on a wedding might tend to have weak family ties? My wife's family is big and they are very close. Her parents also paid for most of it (venue, alcohol, food). So it was basically a big party for both families. My wife and I didn't have any ridiculous demands or expenses, it was just a big party with free alcohol and good music.

I do think that we got lucky to find a good affordable place to host a 150 person wedding. I'm also not sure where $10,000 ranks as far as cost, but it was worth it to me.

Also, my DJ kicked ass. During the wedding party introduction, I got the DJ to loop the drum intro to When The Levee Breaks. That was pretty frickin sweet.