View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Razz 2/4 - did I play this pretty straight up?

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. Otherwise fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you and electrical suggest betting the river. I feel I must be really missing something here.

Aren't we betting the river to either (a) getting him to fold a better hand or (b) getting him to call with a worst hand.

Villain may be a huge donkey, but I can't believe he isn't giving us credit for a made T on our A25T board when he calls 6th. He therefore must have his made J with 4 cards most likely under 7 (based on the 3rd/4th street action). A simulation will show that he has caught better than us about 50% of the time on 7th .

Now we need to ask, if he makes a 9 or better will he fold - I doubt it - he probably wouldn't like calling a 9 but will do it. If he bricks will he call - I doubt it because I think he has to believe he have made our T. I think there is one hand that he will call that we can beat - if he catches the case T, he would probably call reluctantly.

Again, I am probably missing something here. Maybe he does call down his J if he misses. Maybe he only has a made Q on the 6th with a plan to make a move on 7th. Maybe he is even a bigger donk than I think he is.