View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: what is spread more?

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of nits, I had two dealer choice games last night. These people aren't even subtle about trying to follow the action player. Everyone would get on the table change for his table. Then after they got over there he took a table change to get away from them. I think I could film this and sell it. The entire table moved from one table to the other and then back.

edit to add: Everyday they ask for a must move so the can keep the action player from getting away once they get to his table. There is a better chance of that game not being spread to keep them out than letting them have a must move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you added the edit. I read the original post (without the edit) in my email inbox and had a different take although it was related to must moves.

What I was planning to say (before reading your edit) was that in larger games (when they go two to three games deep) and the game dynamic consists of many sharks or semi-sharks feeding off a very few extremely live players you sometimes need to maintain a must move (and gasp, sometimes even the hated chained must move!) in order to avoid the obvious embarrassment to the extremely live players when players consistently try to follow them around through table changes.

You really have to get up to the higher limits to see this though. If it happens at limits 20/40 and below it's sort of like watching dumpster dining.

~ Rick