View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: DeathDonkey is in \"The Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Mr. Death.

1. At what limit of LHE live did you first notice a disinct difference in the skill level?

2. Which(if any)are your favorite poker books?

3. Tell us about your transformation from a low limit player to a higher limit player if you could. Such as: what was your style early on, uber tight, loose, weak tight etc. Did you slowly change your style?

4. Who do you consider some of the better Live pro lHE players?

5. Do you like Gladiator movies?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Live? Well its funny the first time you take a shot, you feel they are all much tougher, but then later you change your mind a lot. I found some big differences between 3/6 and 10/20 but now they don't seem so big to me. Now I guess I'd say 40/80 and 100/200.

2) Ace on the River (greenstein) and Inside the Poker Mind (feeney) - both are about psychology of a poker player and really taught me / made me think about issues besides "how to play hand x in position y at game z".

3) I am the type of person to try and figure something out right away, I wasn't a true "fish" for long because I knew there was skill to poker and I went looking for the answers in books very quickly. I'm sure I was too loose and too passive at first but never ridiculously so. I've never been accused of being too tight but I think truthfully I'd rather have a LAG student than a weak tight one, because the LAG is doing a lot right and can easily be fixed.

4) Lots of people I don't even know probably are quietly raking it in, but Devon / Savagegamble, MadCaddy, Tommy Hang, Hansu, and CMO are all some monsters I've played live with that are no fun to have in the game.

5) I liked Gladiator, not sure what other Gladiator movies I can think of.

-DeathDonkey