View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: It is a long shot!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that 91% is a [censored] and leading statistic. I dont see how you can get out of it "91% of iraqis want us out". you are making a dangerous and stupid transition.

[/ QUOTE ]

My english is bad, so i kindly ask you to help me out here.

On the question ‘Which of the following would you like the Iraqi government to ask the US-forces to do’ 91% of iraqis answered 'withdraw within up to 2 years'.

If refusing to accept 91% - would this result be misleading too:
only 9% favour 'only reducing US-led forces as the security situation improves in Iraq'. All the others would like US forces to leave in 2 years max.

How would you interpret this poll then?

In case of referendum and voting 51% for leave Iraq, should the US administration accept the reality and the most democraticly expressed will of Iraqis or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a loaded question, and Im betting that the true number of people that want us out of iraq is 100%, both here in the US, adn in Iraq. The question should have been worded better, as I have no doubt many of the participants took the poor wording to mean something other than what you are trying to convey either way it makes the people saying "pull out right now" look like a bunch of maroons. This poll could easily be taken as a positive if you want to spin it like that too, due to bad wording "when will iraq be stable enough to no longer need us involvement" etc.