Thread: Is this a set?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Is this a set?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the typical player raises a set like that. CR on the flop usually means some type of draw at NL50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure where people are getting this kind of information, but it's so wrong imo.

People cr sets all the time, and I really don't see that many cr's with draws.

EDIT-- That being said, raise a little more preflop, bet a little more on the flop, 4bet after his raise. Too many AK/draws here to fold imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been my experience that people love to slowplay sets and look to stack-a-donk/CRAI on the turn. This has been changing recently though as the skill level keeps rising. The average donk though still does something silly like min check raise or something lame like that.

Obviously in this hand, AK hits squarely in his range and make this hand profitable to play even without the draws present but, in general, if villians aren't playing draws aggresively, 4-betting on the flop with AA would not be profitable and we'd always be behind to two pair & sets...so either everyone is overplaying top pair against you or you see people play draws aggresively more often than you think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]