View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Leinart or Smith?

[ QUOTE ]
Wait a minute - Assani, 'Smith has shown nothing that would make me doubt he was a #1 overall pick' - how about the worst statistical season by a QB in 10 years as a rookie?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was 20 years old thrown into a situation he was going to fail. Kevin Barlow was the #1 back. The o-line was horrible (no Larry Allen and no continuity). He had no WRs. There aren't many 24 year olds starting in the league at QB, much less 20 year olds. I'm pretty sure last year he was the youngest starting QB in the league and unless Jamarcus decides to start, he'll probally still be the youngest starting QB in the league, yet it'll be his 3rd year in the league. He's smart. I know I probally had the same number of AP credits but I wasn't a top flight QB recruit (I think he started as a junior at Utah). He's definitely more athletic than Leinart. Yes Leinart has the USC pedigree but other than Palmer, what is the real USC legacy at QB over the last 15 years. He did play in a pro style O which is an advantage over Smith, but Smith has 1 year advantage in the pros and 1 year advantage when it comes to age.