View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: NL50: preflop with QQ

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting spot.

Readless you can consider 4-betting (and fold to a shove). This is a great squeeze play, because more likely than not you are beating the PFR and the button. Your main concern is the CO.

If the CO were to flat you, then you can commit on any board J high or smaller. He will show up with JJ occasionally when the J hits, but most of the time you take the pot down on the flop.

If you just call, it gets tricky as well. If the original PFR re-raises you have to toss your hand (probably the easiest decision to make). If he flats, well, now you have some problems.

With 4 players, you'll have a $24 pot with $45 behind. If the board comes J high, you are committed to the hand. You can lead for pot and call any shove, or CRAI, but either way you are going broke with the hand. The thing that sucks here is that you have 3 players seeing the flop with you.

4-betting pre-flop costs you a little more pre-flop, but with the dead money and your equity against CO's re-raising range, you are not in terrible shape, but again... if you re-raise to say $15 and only the CO calls, you have a pot that you cannot fold your hand with unless an A or K comes on the flop. More importantly, you are likely to get heads-up, which is much much better for QQ than 3 players.

My gut tells me I want to go ahead and RR pre-flop, fold to a pre-flop 5-bet/shove. If he flats, then I commit my hand on non-AK board.

The main problem is that no matter what action you take the pot is going to be nearly 1/2 of what you have behind or more and you will be in a position where you cannot fold your hand if the board comes AK-free.

[/ QUOTE ]Nice post. So if you 4-bet preflop and an A or K shows up on the flop you just check/fold, right?