Thread: The Well: cmyr
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: The Well: cmyr

[ QUOTE ]

Do you set yourself goals in terms or how much you are going to play a particular week/month? do you play at set times during the day??

[/ QUOTE ]

I try not to keep arbitrary goals because it often negatively impacts my earn... if I make myself play an extra two hours when I'm not feeling well, it's probably -ev. That said, I try to play about 25 hours a week.

This summer I've tended to play early in the day, since that's how my schedule has worked out... since all my friends have had day jobs, if I want to go out and have fun it's often going to be at night. During the year that will reverse a bit more since I'll have school and being social more during the day. Generally though I play when I can find the time.

[ QUOTE ]

I also notice your went to showdown is fairly low (20%) compared to mine and other players at my level (about 26% @ $1/.50) is that something thats specific to higher stakes or did you play with these stats at lower games as well? could it possibly be that you dont get as many calling stations at higher levels so your flop/turn bets win more without resistance

[/ QUOTE ]

I never played much NL or Limit Holdem, so I've never gotten that used to using alot of the stats in PT to evaluate my play. My original suspicion was that my WSD% was lower because you were only seeing hands where there were 6 players dealt cards, but over my last 50k hands unfiltered it's only about 21.5%. Not sure why this might be, although as my AF is something around 4.2 it may be that not that many pots are getting shown down. Maybe somebody else can come up with some better theories.