Thread: The Well: cmyr
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 10:01 AM

Default Re: The Well: cmyr

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play on Stars and Full Tilt? Which do you like better? Why? Do you play on any other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been playing on FTP For ages, and so I prefer the software. Stars is being annoying about increasing my deposit limits, so I havent been playing there very often. I play on a bunch of other sites, although right now thats been mostly iPoker and Prima. I play multiple sites purely for game selection.

[ QUOTE ]

How long do you think the dead money will exist in medium to higher stake PLO games? Do you think that the gap will close more quickly or less quickly than the NLHE gap did? Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about PLO is that you can play it quite badly and still be a winner over 20k hands. Its a very desceptive game, that way. Similarly there are alot of small winners who are still very much dead money, but who are better then the drop-in fish, and those guys are going to keep playing even once the games start moving past their level of aptitude and they start being -ev. I make $$ of of those guys.

I think the gap will close slightly slower, since theres no formulaic way to play PLO... not that theres a formula for NL, but at least you can have starting hand charts etc. Alot of the important PLO concepts aren't in BTs videos and are only really whispered on this forum, and it doesn't matter how well you 3bet PF if you dont know when to get it in.

[ QUOTE ]

How much do you cashout each month on average? As your bills grow (mortgage, etc.) do you still see yourself paying all your bills mostly by playing online PLO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashout enough money to pay my bills and for my groceries the next month (2200ish) and then 10% of my net earn - 2200. This is spending money, which goes towards whatever. Mostly good meals and travel, really. If I dont make any money in a month I pay my rent and stuff out of my emergency fund, and then pay it back the next month.