View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: It is a long shot!

[ QUOTE ]
PS I note that you are still following the gullible line and confusing Iraq and Al Qeada. Iraq, under Saddam, was an opponent of Al Qeada!

[/ QUOTE ]

you're wrong (here and here). in many posts i said if destroying AQ and terrorism would be a prime goal for the administration, Saddam would be the best coalition in the whole region. there was no AQ under Saddam and i strongly believe Saddam would deal in US interests with terrorists as he was before.

what i wanted to express was media is constantly using some myths like:
- insurgents are terrorist groups (according to the poll not true unless they say a large majority of iraqis are terrorists)
- AQ is very strong in iraq (i would agree AQ is becoming stronger, but at the same time i'd say overall support for AQ would be higher in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan)
- constantly delivering facts how bad iran is, while results are showing sunnis are the group which commits most attacks, which demands US forces to leave and see them as an occupying force by the highest percentage. and paradoxically the sunnis are the group which is armed by US.

" I have the greatest admiration for your propaganda. Propaganda in the USA is carried out by experts who have had the best training in the world -- in the field of advertizing -- and have mastered the techniques with exceptional proficiency ... Yours are subtle and persuasive; ours are crude and obvious ... I think that the fundamental difference between our worlds, with respect to propaganda, is quite simple. You tend to believe yours ... and we tend to disbelieve ours. " - a Soviet correspondent based five years in the U.S.

"If those in charge of our society - politicians, corporate executives, and owners of press and television - can dominate our ideas, they will be secure in their power." - Howard Zinn

"The media serve the interests of state and corporate power, which are closely interlinked, framing their reporting and analysis in a manner supportive of established privilege and limiting debate and discussion accordingly." - Noam Chomsky