View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:54 AM

Default 3-bet with QJs and flop 2 pair. and then....

villain is a multi-multitabler and seems like a pretty good player. solid stats of 20/16 over 500+ hands previously, and 22/17 over 300 hands on 2 of my tables this session. maybe one of you guys

hes generally a pain to play agasint when he has position becasue he floats a lot, is capable of raising air, but has had the goods everytime big money goes in and theres a showdown.

he recently started raising just about any 2 on the button, and has also been raising his SB every single time its folded to him (and im BB). ive been 3 betting him quite a bit (maybe 9-10 times in the past 80 hands or so) and hes folded all but 3 times, and 2 of those he folded the flop. i have direct position on him on the table in question.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $149.00
BB: $100.00
UTG: $149.95
MP: $70.70
CO: $29.80
BTN: $473.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q J (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.00</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $9.00
<font color="blue">this is meh whatever. i figure im ahead of his button opening range </font>

Flop: ($27) A Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks
<font color="blue"> NIIIIICE, I LIIIKE!! right? right???
i bet the flop like 2/3 of the time that i 3bet PF. i decided to check this time because:
1) i think the only hand i get any value out of by betting this flop is exactly AK, maaaybe rarely KK.
2) deception.
3) i would have to call a shove if i bet right? but i think im almost always behind if all the money goes in on this board, esp vs this particular villain
D) i are retarded
what do you make of his check behind??</font>

Turn: ($27) 7 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16.00</font>, BTN calls $16.00
<font color="blue"> given flop i have to bet now right? you like the size or too small? am i calling a raise?</font>

River: ($59) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero kicks his own ass for playing the hand like this and then???

<font color="blue"> worst damn card in the entire deck... now what? hero has 110Bb's left.

how is my line so far?
awful?
ok?
brilliant?(nnnnaaaohht) </font>