View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

[ QUOTE ]
I played on party a couple years ago, right up to 100NL. I quit for awhile to concentrate on school...realized schools sucks, and 2 months ago I started back at poker.

I'm canadian, but I first signed up on FT thinking rakeback would be worth it. It sucked, I was like a marginal winner...this was a combination of rustiness + FT sucks.

At the beginning of August I decided I'd take a look at party...I logged into my old party account and saw they gave me $5. Instead of moving my FT roll over to party, I thought I'd have a fun little experiment and see how far I could take the $5, while at the same time making sure my basics were still tight.

Results: $5 has become 2k. Party is the nuts and I have refound my poker groove. I cashed out from FT, bought a movado, and I will never return.

(There is a large upswing of 3k hands missing at 25 NL. I was playing from work and didn't have PT...so the graph isn't completely accurate, but it's close enough.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on the run up from $5. Im trying to do the same at a prima skin that gave me $28(I was down to $5 at one point) when they moved there. Sitting on about $900 right now. Hard to move up when I have had 4 downswings of 4-6 buyins in 20,000 hands, but thankfully Im still winning. So close to moving up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Maybe ill hit another heater and reach that goal soon, but all my heaters last for like 1k-1.5k hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].