View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Boat vs nit - fold?

my point is thats its very easy to outguess yourself in these situations. if the game is agressive (which most 10/20+ games are) and you have a 100bb stack you do good if you just dont care what the other guy has when your hand is big enough.
like for example you have 22 and the flop is 972 - you try to get your money in if the guy has a higher set, you reload. or if you have KK in a shorthanded game and someone happens to have aces, you just loose a buyin. dont try to make big hero laydowns they are not +EV.
the only exception i can see is when you played with a player a lot, know his game very well and have a really strong read (im not talking about a "this guy is running 17/12 over 500 hands" read) and apperantly this is not the case here.

also please dont insult me, i only state my opinion - if you dont agree with it, thats your choice - but im pretty sure there are people reading this who care for my advice, since im actually a big winner in these games and not some brokeass railbird posting random brainfart