View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: what is spread more?

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is, I am in management and trying to decide what blinds would be best for the game we are about to spread. As a poker player I understand both blind structures and their significance. I can see the increased action with the $3-$5 blind, and at the same time I know that the "nits" would prefer to have less committed to the small blind. I am just interested in deciding what would be best for our room and our players. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally avoid the advice of nits except where you simply need them around in the morning to start games. Rarely is nit advice good for the long term growth of the game. Of course you will need thick skin. Nits will usually play the hours management works and complain more than the action players that really drive the growth of a cardroom.

FYI here are some links to discussions regarding how listening to nits can hurt your room:

Nits and Chained Must Moves

The Nits Preference for undersized Small Blinds

For more search this forum on my name and or Randy Refeld (his new screen name is "RR"). Cross our username with +nit and/or +nits. Rarely do we use that word other than in reference than how bowing to nit thinking will hurt your cardroom.

Hope this helps and good luck with dealing with the nits.

~ Rick