View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Strategic thinking against good players

[ QUOTE ]
yourface that is a great example of the idea. he bets his whole range on that turn card. you really want Kx to fold here too because of how many chopping outs it has and the fact that nothing good can happen from keeping it in. there is also a nonzero chance he finds a fold with pocket pairs < qq.

brassmonkey posted a good hand, too, but he didn't know why. he thought it was an example of the ideas in the original post from his point of view, but it's actually a great example of it from his opponent's point of view. in bb's spot. brass's range is very wide here. the usual line for bb with, say, 5h4h would be to bet/call the turn (believing that sb probably hit the K). but, that K is the perfect card for SB to try to scare BB. now if BB knows and expects this, he can bet/3-bet 5h4h.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually an excellent point and one I totally missed.

Brassmonkeys hand is a PERFECT example of what im talking about if your in SB's shoes.. good eye

I also think I didnt give yourfaces hand enough credit when I went over it.. Make the 4 a 2 and take away the flush draw and you have a perfect spot.