View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: 10/20 welcome back jloc....

Hi,

I would want the call(s) on the turn. I don't want to shut anyone out. And, if someone did have the nut low draw, they're not going to fold on the turn just because you tried to make it expensive. Thing is, if they were willing to call the flop (whether they were drawing to something or just got stubborn and decided to peel a card looking for another low card) then they are certainly not going to fold now. And this goes back to what Buzz was asking you(which, he was spot on with).

Now, if I had a much better 2-way draw on the turn, then I would've raised(for value) for certain. And, I know that you did have a gutshot to go with your low draw, but seeing that the board did contain a flush draw, I'd have to say that it just wasn't a strong enough draw for you to press. Not to mention that your position was also unfavorable, too.

If my position was better...say the player bets the turn, a few people overcall, then it gets to me...well, then I'd probably go ahead and get a raise in because all those players already put bets into the pot. But, that said, I'd still want to have at least 4 players in the hand if I'm going to start thinking about jammin' up the pot a little bit.

I also don't want to shut out any 2nd nut drawing hands either (ie; A3xx hands...weak flush draws...bad straight draws etc.) because all of those holdings will help to pad our side of the pot at the river for the times when we do hit the nut low.

And, the way this hand played out, it really didn't look like you were just going to be able to buy it at the river if you totally missed everything. I don't know if that was part of the plan on thr flop/turn, but it didn't look promising from my view of it.

I'm glad you bet the river. Most of the time, players don't seem to checkraise very much on this street because A)they don't want to miss out on getting in that last bet and B) sometimes they're just so "happy" that they got there, that they just fire out a bet and forget to think if perhaps, a checkraise may have been the better play.