View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Time for my KITN at the Venetian - and a good lesson

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you had spoke up the moment it became clear that the betting was still open, you might have had a better chance. It looks suspicious if you objected after the raises came after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this was the speed with which this happened. I uttered the word "call" - making the reluctant crying call with the ignorant end of the straight thinking I was closing the action -again I'm looking across the table at 8 chips (and he wasn't going to his stack for more). As soon as I said "call" before I even completed putting out eight chips it was "reraise" and "reraise" bang bang... The player a few seats to my left and my cross table opponet realized EXACTLY what had happened to me. The left player even went on a self justifying rant on what a bad night he was having and how he would normally let me off the hook but he needed the chips...

The whole point is that, according to the dealer, if I had just placed eight chips out in front of me and then they said no - it's 16.. I could have done one of those "oh it was raised? ok I fold then" and pulled back my bets. You see this all the time when someone puts out 4 preflop and then they say "no so and so made it 8" and then they get to fold their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should not have been able to pull back your bet. Once in the pot they stay in. But you would have lost 8 fewer chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. In a case like this if all players involve are understanding that there was a mix up and are satisfied with the resolution, I don't see why the call should be binding.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's been the rule at most rooms I've played in. Now if everyone in the pot wants to be nice and let you off the hook, that's a different story. But the rule has been the money stays in the pot.