Thread: hu killing me
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: hu killing me

__1__, i saw your post before you deleted it and i'd like to respond if you don't mind because i'm interested in your opinion, which i respect.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh i see. so you think there's a pretty substantial difference between 1/2 and 2/4 then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, this means nothing HU. Either you have an edge or your opponent has an edge whether its at 5/10 or 500/1000 (assuming you're properly bankrolled).

Both CDC and joker122 seem like they play pretty well but when you have no game selection and you play opponents that have an edge over you it's a recipe for big swings.

If you lose 360 BB it doesn't mean you suck. It's just pretty likely you're playing too many opponents who have an edge on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i have a game selection problem mainly because imo it's so hard to determine your edge sometimes. most of the time, in fact. this is because at 50/100+ your edge isn't going to be that large against most people, and secondly, it's unavoidable to let the run of cards you or your opponent recieves during the match influence your evaluation of their skill level or your edge against them. that is at least for me, but i'd be dubious if any one claimed they are immune to this.