Thread: The Well: cmyr
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: The Well: cmyr

[ QUOTE ]

Also: Your profile lists your occupation as "student" - how old are you and did you graduate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 22 and I still consider myself a student. I'm going to be starting school again in september, and taking two classes each semester. Since I can only spend 25 hours or so a week playing cards, school is a good way to use some of my extra time.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you see poker as an honourable profession?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the sense that a whole lot of people work for the sole purpose of getting money, I think poker is perfectly 'honourable'; it certainly isn't pretending to be anything it isn't. That said I'm not going to pretend that poker has some deep value to society.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think you could earn more money doing something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I can make more money playing poker than anyone would ever pay me to work, but I think that poker money, even at the highest levels, is pretty small change compared to what you can make as an entrepreneur.
Do you get nervous before sessions?

[ QUOTE ]

Do you enjoy playing or is it like hard work?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's work, but I enjoy it sometimes. Mostly though I enjoy the lifestyle it facilitates: making my own schedule, taking vacations when I want, not having to deal with people I don't like... I still have trouble making myself put in the hours, though.