View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

[ QUOTE ]
I never used to sweat my house/car keys until 2002. I went on vacation and didn't drive for almost two weeks. When I got back, the second or third day I walked out of the house without my keys.

Now, when I leave, I reflexively check for my keys even if I know I just put them in my pocket. I can be as far as closing the locked door, and I'll stop the door a couple of inches before it closes to check for my keys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too, but with my car because I locked my keys in my car once. Even if I have 3 grocery bags in each hand and I just put my keys in my pocket, I have to put down the bags and make sure my keys are in my pocket before I can shut the car door. I also obsess about whether or not I locked my apartment door and sometimes I'll get in my car and start driving only to force myself to go back and check that the door is locked, which it always is.

Also, whenever I go to sleep at night and set the alarm clock I have to keep checking it to make sure I set it for the right time. Usually 5 times in 2-3 minute intervals satisfies me that it's right. I think something is wrong with me.