View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: The New Official FTP Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about datamining some levels of FTP and then analyzing the play of some particularly regular shorstacks, presumably to release my results publicly. If we beat the hell out of them, maybe they'll stop playing so much and making the games crappier (or at least drop to lower levels so we dont care about them anymore). Any thoughts on that idea; whether its awesome or meh, ethically fine or douchey?

[/ QUOTE ]

ethically, its fine, i think for obvious reasons. we're all in the business to make money (fairly), and understanding an outlier's strategy and sharing it with others is just part of the game.

but i don't think it's worth your time. there was a solid shortstack thread by luego not that long ago where very correct strategies vs these guys where discussed (aka, stop calling them so light!.)

they are super annoying when they are at a table, especially when they have position on you. but they're not THAt prevalent; i would say about 25% of the time i play there is a smart shortstacker at the table.