View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Tricky flop/turn spot 5/10 PLO8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's the old maxim about picking a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you need to pick a better spot? If this spot is profitable then that is all that matters. If you lose you just rebuy, this isn't a donkament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, this isn't a donkament? You don't say.

Your response isn't very intelligent. It's as if you're inferring that I reccomend folding a slightly profitable hand in favor of waiting for an even more profitable spot. I am more than aware that you can click rebuy or pull cash out of your pocket and continue playing.

The point is that while the majority of the time OP will be in a coin flip situation with his opponent, the times when he's a 60/40 dog far outweigh the times when he's a 60/40 favorite, thus making this spot -EV, and OP's line optimal.

The reason this hand is so grossly misplayed is because it's so often a coinflip when the money goes in on the flop, but rarely is your opponent going to stack off here with a hand you have dominated.

Against a wheel wrap, it's a coin flip. Against bottom set and any low draw OP is a 60/40 dog. Against a set of kings or aces and a low draw it's even worse obviously. For us to be a 60/40 favorite our opponent has to be willing to stack off with a hand like the nut low draw and some pocket pair or similar.

Everything is relative. In poker too many players see this hand and this flop and think they have a monster. But this monster is only relative to what your opponent holds. That's why I say this hand is grossly misplayed by many players. Top two and the nut flush draw can be a monster, but it's all relative, and many players dont stop to consider their action in this spot, they just auto-shove.