View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: 5/10 welcome back jloc....

Not particularly crazy about your play on the flop vs. loose, spewy opponents because you're almost always going to get called in that spot. I'd take the free card here if button allowed it.

And again, I'm not crazy about the turn raise either. If you had a really good draw at the high along with your good low draw (ie; nut flush draw/nut low draw, or, if you had an uncounterfeitable draw to the low)fine. But, this way, you might actually fold off the blinds and I think this is more of a pull situation than it was a push situation.

Keep in mind, that, on the turn, there was a new player that decided to take the initiative, and when that happens, it usually means that they either flopped a monster(and were trying to be tricky) Or, they've just picked up a monster draw on the turn and they want to make sure that chips go into the pot. And, for that reason alone, I want to just call, and I welcome all others to join me. Lots of callers works best when you're (basically) drawing for the low. The more players in the pot, the better chance you have to earn money with your lows. And of course, if you happen to hit a high hand as well as completing your low, then you can go ahead and push the envelope more.

Bet the river. Anyone acting before you would've fired out a bet with the nut low (especially seeing that they would've come a long way to get there).