View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Is this a leak or is it +EV?

Two fairly similar situations. I know this isn't *standard* because I very rarely see my opponents make this play. Still can't decide, and this applies mostly to six max and short handed, but not to heads up or three handed. Three handed I dont make these plays, nine or ten handed this differs greatly.

Six handed, I'm dealt AA97 no suits UTG. In a game with two other players who I consider strong and aggressive, I'm mucking this hand UTG. Comments?

Six max, I'm dealt AAKQ, or AAK8 suited etc., UTG, I'm limping this hand the majority of the time. Reason being I'm going to be out of position most of the time and I'm rarely going to get action in a tough game when I'm a considerable favorite, but the most important reason I see is that I have to give up or get free rolled on so many flops. The only benefit to playing a hand like that this way UTG is that it's disguised. Thoughts on this?

Next situation is one where I'm in the BB with a hand like AKQJ or KQQJ, something of that sort. Folds around to the SB and he raises. I call with these hands, but I rarely three bet, and find that I'm insta-mucking to a bet on nearly any flop with two low cards.

Thoughts in general, or more specific?