View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Cash games at Fallsview prior to WPT?

I went last year during the WPT. I didn't like the poker-romm at all.

-We pay the rake per half-hour, but every half an hour, the floorman would show up to make a setup in the dealer's chip-rack, that would last 3 to 5 minutes.

-We were very tight. There was always someone who was bumping our chairs.

-U cant eat or drink ( unless it come from the cocktail waitress ) in the room. U can't eat an apple or a chocolat bar. On the other way, I was playing the WPT-event too ( it wasn't held in the poker-room, but in the convention'center ) & there was a nice buffet, dessert & soft drink all day long for all WPT'player. But don't consider to bring anything in the poker-room.

- Forever lineup for cash game during the WPT. They didn't open any tables in the convention even if there was many available.

- Noise. We can hear the gling gling gling of the slots 24/24 & once in a while we can hear the "performers" ( or whatever it is ) from the karaoke'bar next to the poker-room.

- Cell phone. NO CELL PHONE is the rule. U have to keep in ur pocket period. If U pull out from ur pocket to check the clock, a floor will run at U & notice U that U cant use a cell phone in the poker-room. & this, even if ur 15 steps from ur table.

-U can't be in the poker-room if ur not currently playing & have a seat. So if U want to talk with a friend who is playing, U have to scream from the rail to get his attention.

- jpp