View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: $5NL 6-Max, When you\'ve been both tight and loose,

[ QUOTE ]
i don't really like either one of these donk bets, because both of them are really diminishing your chances of being able to showdown your hand. you can't stand much heat, and you can't dish out much heat in the face of resistance. in general, even when i'm oop, i will c/c with these types of hands a lot and then work from the turn. that way i'm often calling worse hands that cbet me, and i'm often winning small pots at showdown. of course, everything could change on the turn, and maybe i'll improve or fire out a bluff, depending on lots of things.

about the only hands i do much donking with are air and things i want to get all my money in with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this precisely why you want to come out acting first? If your hand can't stand much heat, it's probably best to apply it first and when the heat comes, you know to get out of the kitchen. If you're c/cling the majority of the time in these situations, you could indeed be putting yourself in a bad spot when you were probably ahead on the flop. These are spots where I'm leaning toward diminishing my chances to get to showdown because my hands are vulnerable AND I will be playing the rest of the hand OOP.