Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

[ QUOTE ]
My position remains unchanged and has been spelled out previously. What is right and wrong is not dependent upon, in any way, what is enforceable. It is unethical to take or give advice during a hand, and by explicitly stating it is allowed the poker sites have invited this "grey area" disaster we have found ourselves in.

ONE PLAYER TO A HAND rule eliminates all of this grey area as far as I can tell. Then the problem is not what is right and wrong, only how it can be enforced, if at all. But it does not leave any players in limbo, and pushes the "grey area" cheating to where it should be, clearly against the rules and anyone who does it will know they are a cheater, instead of hearing these lame excuses that we do now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.

And to the people saying live coaching during a tourney is OK, that is wrong. Coaching in poker is so totally different than coaching in other sports that it would be akin to someone's bowling coach throwing the ball for them during a tournament. It is completely unethical and I cannot understand how anyone can say otherwise.