Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

I think we've talked about this before, but if sites created some kind of mechanism so that you wouldn't be able to run IMs while playing (in the same way you can't run certain apps now) I think you'd be shocked at the toll that would have on online poker because (1) people don't want to know that poker sites can/are scanning their PC activity, and more importantly (2) IMs is one of the few internet addictions whose power exceeds/rivals that of poker, and given the choice between the two a lot of fish would choose their ability to send emoticons to the cute girl in the office over playing poker. Tournaments especially, given the length, would suffer I imagine.

Also to SM,
I'm pretty sure your involvement in this thread is partially serious and mostly rabble rousing and I guess that's fine, if immature. However mlagoo is right, we've been over the Sunday mil thing and we know happened both from a bunch of people in the house, and from gobbo and mlagoo themselves and we have no doubt about the trust. If the same thing had happened and rather than them it was you and JJP, yes there probably would have been a ruckus. That isn't undue prosecution of anything, it's just common sense, people are trusted and given the benefit of the doubt only where they've earned it and if they haven't earned that trust naturally questions, doubts and even accusations are sure to arise.