View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Motivating yourself

For work it was always the desire to be the best, but once that happened I definitely slowed down, but I could still use that to drive myself to be the best.

For talking to broads, it was always just the what the hell, Ill probably never see them again

But for weight loss and getting in shape, it obviously has been a struggle for me, but over the last 8 months, I hopefully have figured it out.

1 - set up Fat Off with roommate, that involved a payoff of a all expenses trip to Vegas....plus incorporated a huge party to announce the winner in front of all our friends, worked very well and I pulled out the win and will be in vegas beginning of next month.

2 - Started really looking at pics of me compared to other people etc, and how gross I was physically to them, just a gigantic human being of epic proportions, and how they really started to bother me....never bothered me before though, I used to revel in it actually.

3 - Thought of my parents, my mom specifically who just had major heart surgery etc, and how that would be me someday and a lot sooner if I didnt stop.

4 - and of course I thought of banging much much hotter women.

....theres always highs and lows in it, where I dont wanna take the effort especially when my roommate starts to tail off and not care, but we have actually just figured that out by deciding to work together, between the same diet plan and eating the same foods and being just as hungry as the other guy, and having someone to push each other when we work out its only been 2 weeks doing it this way but its definitely much easier to do...and to be honest looking down at the scale and watching in plummet from 428 in Dec to 352.6 this morning is beginning to be motivation in itself and think will become one of the new driving forces in my life, and to see my body start to reshape itself into some semblence of where it should be it keeping me pushing....

GG