View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Microstakes Bubble play

Number one rule of Satallites, never ever forget why you are there. I did this once, in almost the exact same situation, and paid dearly for it, when there were 30 ppl to qualify, it's down to 31 ppl, and I make the mistake of even looking at my cards.

I'm in the BB, and the button (who is the chip leader) makes a button move after many call the BB (which is 1k), and raises it up to 5k. I have 13k left, about 4 at my table only have about 5k or less.

I look down, and you guessed it, I got pocket aces. I don't know anyone who once they see AA as their hole cards, will fold it (myself included).

I go all in, everyone folds to the button, he says, I was just making a move, but now, I'm priced in (I can already feel the hoover warming up in the background). He then goes on to say, I figure you got AA, and if thats so, then I have two live cards.

He calls, proceeds to turn over 7, duce o/s. Flop is 7, 7, duce, I don't get any ace on the turn or river, and I'm out as the bubble girl in 31st place.

Thus, I learned two lessons here (the hard way).

1) Always remember why I'm there in the first place (to win a seat into a bigger event)

2) If in a Satallite event, and you are close to the bubble where you'd qualify, and you have other players shorter stacked than you are, don't even bother to look at your cards, just fold them sight unseen.