View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: How on earth does this guy win? (low content rant)

[ QUOTE ]
why would he donk a-high there? i am never ever folding a better hand, and am going to continuation bet a ton there, so if he thinks his hand is best he should c/r that flop and get rid of the other guy. betting is just dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraising flop and betting turn is a 4SB investment. Betting flop and he can hope for 1) bad player (if he was bad) calls and u got to fold if u got nothing or 2) u both fold or 3) one of u or both call and he hit Ace on turn or 4) one of u or both call with hands that are worse.

As u said u are never folding a better hand and if he thinks he is ahead he should checkraise. But thats really not why a donk isnt that extremly bad, its not cause he is ahead most of the time. Its cause its a cheap way to find out if he was ahead this time. Its a 1SB investment to win 7SB. If we think checkraising is to expensive and check-calling gets us nowhere, a donk-fold could be the solution.

In this hand, I guess u raise flop or just call, and he is done with his hand for 1SB, a checkraise and turnbet with u calling would have been 4 times more expensive and Im not sure he is folding a lot of better hands for those 3SB or giving up to easily with a hand that actually was ahead cause he only spent 1SB instead of 4SB, is he?

I love to donk in this spot if I hit trips from the blinds so I need to donk a few other hands 2. If I was in blinds in this hand and donked and u knew I would do this with trips, hoping to trap guy in between, there are a ton of hands in ur range that u now got to fold.

Now it looks like I defend his move and says its the only way to go. But Im just saying that a donk here could be a move from a thinking player.