View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Ask WhoIam anything about living in Vientiane, Laos

Art's is kind of a semi-dive-friendly-neighborhood-bar-type place. The owner and one guy who's always there are fellow Americans and also interesting to talk to. It usually isn't very busy so if you go on an off night you might find yourself drinking alone. The food sucks, so don't go on an empty stomach.

By city center I mean the area from Lane Xang Ave to maybe around Bor Pen Nyang. Basically where 99% of the white people are. China town is right next to it. The Swedish Baking House is in this area. When you see a bunch of Chinese restaurants and signs in Chinese, you'll know you've found it.

The third floor of Bor Pen Nyang seems to have good tables, but I really, really suck at pool (and have no idea how to even play snooker) so I might not be the best judge of this.

I wasn't aware of Neteller not working. I guess I'll just get a moneybookers account or something now. What do you use?

KKF, the ATMs dispense kip. From my understanding if you have an account in USD, you have to into the bank and withdraw dollars. Roamer, correct me if I'm wrong about this.