View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Cal Football

^^^ Sorry, didn't know which one to put it in, since it's not an event.

I'm not really worried about UCLA. Everyone is drinking their kool aid because they beat USC in the biggest fluke in recorded history and they return 20 starters. UCLA is not that good. Their coaching is subpar, their play calling is boring and uncreative, and they have zero NFL players on their team.

We stomped them last year and three years ago, and should've beaten them two years ago up 10 with like 2 minutes left, and that was WITH AYOOB.

Oregon has tons of talent, and somehow self destructed last year... I'm really worried about that game.

ASU is a huge question mark, I for one am a believer. I think that both Cal and ASU are going to be 7-0 going into that game.

Najdorf - I was saying 1 or 2 losses without the USC game, which I wasn't predicting either way.

One thing you won't read about from stats guys or preview mags is team chemistry. Team chemistry is apparently way up this year, on par with the 2004 team that went 11-1... last year the chemistry was off, and two years ago with Ayoob there was no leadership whatsoever. This year, apparently a lot of the guys are stepping up into leadership roles, and there is a lot of confidence around the program.

The Tennessee game is literally a must win. If we lose that game, the season is going to go down the crapper pretty quick. Beat Tennessee, and we likely start 4-0 and are well into the top 10.

Remember, nobody was really worried when Arrington left, because we had Marshawn, and now that Money is gone, we've still got Justin. Our running backs will be just fine.

Offensively, Cal will be much better than last year, although that has more to do with Nate's development as a player and Tedford retaking the reigns than it has to do with the amount of athletes.

Also, for what it's worth, the 2004 team had 6 guys run 4.4's or below, and this year's team has 12. DeSean Jackson is like the third fastest guy on the team. This team also has twice as many guys with high levels of weightlifting numbers as the 2004 team as well.