Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't there, but if mlagoo was hearing advice but making his own decisions, I think that's ok. And that's what those who were there have said was happening.

As for the 1.05 thing, it's like the difference between stealing a car and a candy bar, and whatever your ethical opinion is on that distinction applies here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because they are different levels of wrong. It doesn't matter. OP was asking whether or not it was wrong/right. It is wrong.

This thread came up because plattsburgh won the 300r with JJ ghosting him. I know for a fact that plattsburgh actually didn't 4bet sometimes when JJ told him to. This is so similar to the mlagoo/gobbo situation it is sick. Two breakeven 11rebuy players make the FT of a million dollar tourney and win it with the aid of a backer that is a well known poker superstar. I know people say that mlagoo just went outside and focused by himself, and gobbo will say mlagoo is better than him, it doesn't matter. They admitted to giving advice, and the gobbo/mlagoo shouldn't be viewed any differently than this incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there might be a bit of a difference with JJ because of history, DUCY?