Thread: On Ghosting
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

[ QUOTE ]
Sweating and giving advice to someone in whom you have no financial interest: fine

Sweating and giving advice to someone in whom you have a financial interest, but who is allowed to and chooses to make his own decisions: fine

Sweating and giving advice to someone in whom you have a financial interest, with the understanding that he will do exactly what you say, in a tournament you are also playing: equivalent to multiaccounting and unethical.

Scenario 3, but in a tournament you aren't playing: fine.

Tough to distinguish between 2 and 3 in terms of writing rules, but as an ethical question that's the key distinction.

A secondary issue is the degree of the finanicial interest; a full stakee "following orders" is more concerning than someone who has sold 5%. Of course only full stakees are likely to always follow the ghoster's advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. I said the same logic in the mlagoo gobbo thread that because gobbo had 50% if gobbo told him what to do he would be effectively 1.5 accounting. I'm still right, and people are just realizing this now? So where do you draw the line? is 1.9 accounting wrong like in the example I gave? But 1.05 accounting, like in the example you gave is legit?