View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Smoothie as a meal (w/general diet questions)

So recently my buddy has me on a health kick which I'm loving. Lost a bunch of weight early (like 30something lbs.)in the year but have since gotten lazy, but not really put much back on.

Anyway, like i said, i'm back at it and this time doing the "5 small meals a day". I've gotten into oatmeal for breakfast again along with some bogus protein breakfast bars (how are those things?)

Lunch is usually a salad w/chicken and egg whites and veggies w/some black pepper and red vinegar for flavor. Then later in the afternoon grilled chicken on 7 grain bread with lettuce/tomatoe and a hint of mustartd.

Evenings are pretty easy and i usually have a salad and then some egg whites w/another protein (esp. if i lift).

Anyway I always hated smoothies because i thought they all had yogurt and unfortunatly, i hate yogurt. Had one yesterday and it was fine. It fits right in my calorie range for a meal (< 400) w/low fat and high protein.

Can i substitue 1 or 2 of my small meals each day with a smoothie?

Anyway have any good advice for the diet? Things I should change? More meals w/less calories? I space them out like 9-12-3-6-9 btw.

And finally - anyone have any favorite smoothie recipes? My friend bought me one of those "Magic Bullet" things for my birthday (i have NO idea why). And so far all i know is ice + skim milk + protein powder.