Thread: Top Chef 8/15
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/15

I will say that the competition seems more open, the chefs more mature and overall more talented. I think there are a couple of people remaining who I can't envision winning, but after that it's pretty wide open.

Second season, it was always going to be one of three people. First season, in retrospect (always easy to say), it could only have ended one way.

But this seems wide open, and it just seems like the producers responded to complaints that Season 2 was more about drama than food. I'm still not a fan of some of the challenges and so on, but the people competing seem mature and professional, with far less infighting and drama.

I actually think Howie is a good example of this -- I'm not really a fan of his but I do respect the attitute he takes with the judges. He defends, respectfully, the food that he puts out. He's certainly not a people person, but he does seem to stick to his guns and mean what he says.

Season 1 will always be hard to top however, because it was such a great mix of quality cooking and drama.