View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Do you make the hero call here? Stars 8.80

[ QUOTE ]
I think your range for an UTG raise is too wide, while i still you find many limpers with your range on a 8.80 early on i think you have to assume something like 88+,AT+,KQ - i know this is on the tight side but until we have no proof otherwise we should take these tight ranges (because most people tend to play tight).

Given that range your call preflop is good. AQs is too weak to reraise a UTG raise.

Your C-bet on the flop - which is a good one for you - is fine as well.

The push indicates a bluff or a semibluff (or a fish that made his set falling out of his chair - but as long we have no proof that it is a fish, a semibluff is most likely).

A semibluff with the preflop range could mean AT+ suited with 2 clubs, AK or AQ with one/two clubs, AK without a club, 88.

it could also mean (over)protecting move for a higher PP like JJ or QQ.

As you see there are much more possiblities that beat you, than the ones you can beat. as you are not desperate yet i'd back off and look for a less risky spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception that I donīt judge the given range to be tight (in contrast, raising from UTG with ATo is incredibly loose!!!) I agree with everything levAA said - as that was exactly what my initial question aimed at.