Thread: Donkey Test
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Question 38

[ QUOTE ]

That a player is very aggressive widens his reraising range even though being tight narrows it. KK is not certain to be ahead, but it is well worth playing in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to hear a dissenting opinion. I think folding is terrible here. There's $320 in the pot already, the opponents are tight, and we've got cowboys. What's the problem?

Chance that 1 of them has AA is still pretty small. Table is only 8-handed, so an aggressive UTG can have JJ+, AQs+, maybe AQo AJs, KQs. A lot of non-AA territory.

aggressive 3 bettor's range is at minimum QQ+, AKs.

We're way ahead!

with a small raise, 3bettor's whole range can call, and stack us on a favorable flop easily, while getting away if he doesn't improve, ick.

All in is too much. I did some math, and figured our EV would be neutral against 1 opponent with QQ+, AKo+, who always calls with AA and folds everything else. With UTG to worry about, we won't be so good.

I vote "raise".

They're not asking, but I guess I have to fold to a push. I think villains range at that point is pretty much AA, because we've shown no fear, and he's tight. We won't have odds to call, so we get to keep half our stack those times.