View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: call 2 bets cold on the river?

*grunch*

Ok, I'm going to take this a street at a time.

Preflop: I think this is fairly standard

Flop: In general I would probably bet this, as I have shown strength preflop, I have two overs and the nut straight draw. I don't hate a check though, since the chance of that coordinated a flop hitting one or both players in some way is fairly high. If you are going to check however, I don't understand how you can cold call 2 bets. I'd lead the flop because no one has yet suggested that my overcard outs might not be good. The bet and the raise has provided me with that information. Now you have 3 safe outs, and 7 outs that will leave you wondering if you have the best hand or are up against two pair or a flush. Another concern is that even if you do make a better hand, the villain(s) will still have a redraw to a flush. It's really just best to dump it here.

Turn: Well you managed to hit one of the 3 safe outs that give you the nuts. I don't hate the check raise, but I'd rather lead out, and if you are lucky MP3 will raise again and you can repop it and maybe get MP1 stuck in the middle. A check raise has MP1 calling two bets cold and will only force out a hand you can crush, as there is no way he will fold if he has a hand with any potential to beat you on the river.

River: If you're going to show aggression on the turn, you should probably bet the river. If you don't, you're saying just kidding guys, didn't realize that flush card was going to come and I'm petrified of it. It will also help you in your decision making by establishing where you are in the hand a bit better. Say you bet, MP1 raises and MP3 reraises. Pretty clear fold. Or say you bet, MP1 raises, and MP3 cold calls. Probably as easy call since you'd be getting 17-1 or so, even though you'd probably lose. So that's why I'd bet the river. As it is, cold calling two bets cold here is tough, I'd be surprised if one of them doesn't have a flush