Thread: I Have No Idea
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: river

The problem with this hand is that it is already terribly obvious what you have. The fact that you limped in preflop, bet the flop and the turn tells the button (who is a good player) that you have less than A 10 and by now most likely two pair (A4 is a logical combo). Armed with this info, he wants to kick out the horrible idiot and knows it would be very difficult for you to three bet him regardless of his holdings. When the idiot cold calls two and bets the river, it is a super marginal call for you if this player is the one that I think he is. He has called me down very thin before but when he bets into this board with all the action on previous streets, he likely has the goods. Also, I'm not sure if you can even beat the button. A few hands come to mind that can beat you..i.e AQ, AA, AdKd, QQ. So I don't think you can beat both players and win the pot at this point.

A better way to define hands is to raise before the flop. Depending on the action if you did raise, you may be able to get away from your hand on the flop.