View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: 9/10 man SNGs HU theory Q...

One thing I forgot to mention. Keep track of your HU results. Adding an extra sheet to a SnG excel spreadsheet is a good idea. Everytime you go heads up keep track of your chip count at the beginning and what place you finish.

Theoretically, if all your opponents are exactly as skilled HU as you, the % of the time you finish first should correspnd to the % of chips you start HU with. On your spreadsheet you can do these calculations and keep a running calculation of how much your actual finishes deviate from this predicted value of breakeven play.

For example over my last 500 HU situations, I have had 52% of the chips and have won 59% of them, meaning I am outplaying (or luckier with a smallish sample size of N=500) my opponents to a small degree.

As poster above mentioned, you need to determine how many chips on average you are starting HU with. If you only bring 40% of the chips HU, but are winning 1st 42% of the time you are actually playing well HU but might be leaking 3-way or 4-way.