View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone in an MBA program at Harvard, Stanford or Penn?

Harvard is making a big push to get undergrads, and they are recruiting college seniors to HBS really hard... they had about 20 in their last class. Stanford has 12 and Upenn only has like 2. I did the Summer Institute for General Management at Stanford last month and made a lot of really good connections, so hopefully that'll help me out. Penn is basically a shot in the dark.

I got a 780 on the GMAT, but I might retake it to try and get an 800... I've started two of my own businesses and I'm working on a third, and I have good recs. GPA is average, work experience is basically nil.

I realize the odds are pretty stacked against me but I wouldn't say that I have 'no chance,' especially if I can pull out an 800... I figure I'm probably about average for Harvard or Stanford at around 10% and maybe 5% or less at Penn since they don't like undergrads much.

Anyway, I don't really need a bunch of people telling me that I can't do it, but if anyone is in these programs and can tell me any more about them than what I can read online it'd be really helpful. Thanks.