Thread: Top Chef 8/15
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/15

What are folks' thoughts on hell's kitchen? To me it comes across like Gordon has his top 3 picked from the start, but some of his challenges are entertaining.

A hybrid of the two shows would be great. Challenges in a real kitchen service scenario minus the stupid [censored] like cleaning out the trash and whatnot.

The more I watch top chef, the more I see its open format and vagueness are its biggest problem. When you have a burger quickfire, it seems like they could very easily say "hey, make sure its a legit burger," because half the time people get rewarded for the outside the box creativity like a lettuce wrapped healthburger, and the other half of the time its like "wtf were you thinking?" It may have tasted like crap and the not a burger thing was just an aside, but it seemed like it was completely disregarded because it wasn't a burger.

more competitions where they have basic spices and each have a tray of the same main ingredients and are told to create something fresh would be good for the show.

tasting competitions similar to the hell's kitchen format would be great too.