Thread: Top Chef 8/15
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/15

First: It's interesting that over on the Top Chef site it's announced that Tony Bourdain has gone from "guest blogger" "filling in for Colicchio" to permanent blogger. Guess Colicchio got tired of being hammered for his inconsistencies and obvious favoritisms in the comments.

Second: They took a pretty good concept of "Restaurant Wars" from season 1 and, and I thought after season 2 they couldn't possibly do this - screwed it up even worse. Just as "less is more" in the food - the original restaurant wars - real simple was the best: a real space - small furnishing budget and no outside help no "designers" (season 2 - what a disaster) and no lackluster waitron units who have no stake in the outcome but can influence it

This season's RW's the food took such a back seat to everything else it was the judges who should have been sent packing.

Dale should have been instantly stoned for the scented candles. I mean WTH?

Poor Tre was doomed with those potatoes. They're over smoked, he knows it, he shouldn't serve them, he knows it, but which path to take? Get beat up for the dish or get slapped for no side (you know they would have)

Brian got beat up for service problems (silverware) yet he has waitrons who are supposed to be taking care of that.

Nice call by CJ taking charge and sending Casey out to calm Brian. Hey he learned from the club food fiasco and spoke up when there was a problem but did the judges mention it? nooooo.

I'm pretty sure that the asshat guy that they showed busting on Dale was one of those snarky "dining society" clowns from a couple of episodes ago. At least he left his vest of shiny things home.

Oh well, next week, we'll see.